Welcome to Goldsmith Atelier Gerda de Vrij. These terms and conditions apply to all interactions and purchases you share with us, whether online or in our workshop. By purchasing or making our handmade jewelry from our repair service, you agree to these terms and conditions.
This page is intended to make it clear to you what agreements apply when you enjoy our products and services. We recommend that you read these terms and conditions carefully. If you have any questions or would like clarification of something, we are always available to help you.
At Goudsmid Atelier Gerda de Vrij, the satisfaction of our customers is our top priority. We are committed to clear and open communication, so that everyone knows exactly what to expect.
- "Client": any natural person or legal entity that has or will have a contractual relationship of any kind with us.
- “Products”: all goods that are the subject of a purchase agreement.
- “Services”: all services that are the subject of a service contract.
These general terms and conditions apply to all quotations, invoices, products and services provided by Goudsmid Atelier Gerda de Vrij.
Return Policy and Cancellations
Returning products is possible within 14 days of receipt. Cancellations of services must be communicated in writing.
Guarantees and Complaints
A legal warranty applies to all products. Complaints can be submitted via BELMED.
Legal form and RPR location
Goudsmid Atelier Gerda de Vrij is a Private Company (BV) registered in Belgium.
Our company is registered with the Chamber of Commerce under the name BV de Vrij Antwerpen. Our RPR (Register of Legal Entities) location is Antwerp.
For further identification and verification, please contact us via the contact details provided on our website.
Certification of Diamonds
Bij Goudsmid Atelier Gerda de Vrij streven we naar de hoogste kwaliteit in al onze producten. Daarom wordt bij de aankoop van een geslepen diamant groter dan 1 karaat altijd een gemmologisch certificaat verstrekt.
The certificates are issued by recognized and respected gemological institutes such as HDR, IGI or GIA. These certificates confirm the authenticity, quality and value of the diamond. This is in line with the ISO Standard 18323 (Jewelry – consumer confidence in the diamond industry) and the CIBJO Diamond Blue Book.
What does the Certificate say?
The gemological certificate contains detailed information about the properties of the diamond, such as color, clarity, weight and cut. This offers you complete transparency and assures you of your purchase.
Definitions: Gemological Certificate:
- A diamond is a mineral formed by nature; a “diamond” always refers to a natural diamond.
- A synthetic diamond is an artificial product that has essentially the same physical properties as a diamond.
- An imitation of diamond, also called a diamond simulant, is an artificial product that imitates the appearance of diamonds without having its chemical composition, physical properties or structure.
- A gemstone is a mineral of natural origin that is often used in jewelry because of its combination of beauty, rarity and value.
- A treated diamond is a diamond that underwent human intervention to temporarily or permanently change its appearance. This does not include: cutting, grinding, cleaning and setting. Examples of what is included here: optical coatings, filling cracks, pressure heating, irradiation, laser drilling, high-pressure and high-temperature treatment (HPHT) or any other physical or chemical process. “
For questions or further verification of the gemological certificate, you can always contact us.
Goudsmid Atelier Gerda de Vrij is not liable for indirect damage or consequential damage.
All content on this website is the property of Goudsmid Atelier Gerda de Vrij and may not be copied or used without prior written permission.
Disputes and Applicable Law
Belgian law applies to these conditions. Disputes will be submitted to the competent court in Antwerp.
Changes and Updates
These general terms and conditions are subject to change. The amended terms and conditions apply from the moment of publication on this website.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact us via the contact details listed on our website.
These terms and conditions were last updated on